Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

How NOT to hang art

***
 This is a stale post.  Don't you smell the stank?
For fresh ideas and the newest new new stuff 
why don't you head on over to the blog we actually update.

Love to see you there.
Carry on as you were.

***  

So I created the art.
The hard way.
You can read about that here.

And then I tried to get it the two pieces off the floor

Travel Themed Subway Art Hanging
Photo (c) b3 home designs

And onto the wall.
And I thought that I could use these

ook Picture hooks
Photo (c) b3 home designs

And as you can see
perhaps by the fact that the art
is still on the ground

ook hooks right before I flung them across the room
Photo (c) b3 home designs


I failed.
Miserably.

Wimpered a little bit about how weak I am
Then had to admit failure
and ask for help



Travel themed Subway Art hung the appropriate way
Photo (c) b3 home designs


He broke out the stud finder
And the bolts
And the tape measure
And his strong shoulder
And his weak wife
And his anxious "What in the world are they up to now??" puppy

And he got it done.
I love him.

Ook hooks are NOT the way to hang up Travel Themed Subway Art gone wild.
I'm just saying.

Unless they have a better product that they could hip me to
I won't be trying that again.
Ook picture hanging hooks.
Ultimate fail.

I so love how those Subway Art pieces came out.
Awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Well, the important thing is they are up now,and they look FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the twin huge travel themed art, they came out really nice.

    blog hoppinf from NewFriendFriday at TrendyTreehouse, jazevox

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! And it turned out beautiful! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just like to put 796 nail holes in the wall until I find the spot that I like or my husband steps in with the logical tools to properly hang artwork. (show off!) Whatever works!!

    ReplyDelete

Brilliant, huh? Glad you think so (smile). Tell me something good.